Pipeline 4.3 New Features
New in Pipeline 4.3.3
- Improved tag filtering on the collection page. Now you can create tag groups. Learn more
- Background video autoplay option for video section. Learn more
- Featured images on pages using content blocks. Learn more
- Improved height options for collections and blog posts on the home page. Learn more
- Improved product layout settings. Learn more
- Increase visibility of select dropdown on product and collection page.
- Update look of footer lines and headings. Learn more
Tag Filter Groups for Collections
Now you can create filter groups based on tags that you add to your products.
Example of Filter by Color group:
To prepare this, I've added those color tags to various products. The result on your collection page is a custom filter group:
The customer can choose "Blue" for example and only products in that collection that have been tagged with "Blue" will appear.
The hide filters option allows the product images to enlarge with the extra room once the column is hidden:
Improved Video Section on the Homepage
The video section can now autoplay YouTube and Vimeo videos within the section. There's an option to autoplay video in background or show play button to overlay a play button like the original style.
Suggested settings when using Autoplay video in background:
1. Check the Autoplay video in background option
2. Uncheck Show play button. Uncheck parallax scroll for better performance.
3. Optional: Remove the Heading and Subheading text if you don't want text to overlay you video. Keep those checked if you need text to be overlay your video.
Suggested settings when not using Autoplay video in background:
1. Uncheck Autoplay video in background.
2. Check Show play button and Enable parallax scroll.
3. Include a heading and subheading to overlay your image.
4. Be sure to also include an image, that will be used when autoplay video in the background is turned off. Using a banner style image here allows you to showcase a beautiful high resolution image rather than a video thumbnail:
Add a feature image banner to any Page on your site
We've added the ability to add banner images to your Shopify Pages. These are done by using Content types in your Page settings and creating Page image links. You can create multiple Page images blocks to assign unique images to each page you like.
1. In the Theme Editor, navigate to any Shopify page (the best way to do that is have a menu item in your navigation to an existing page).
Click on Page images (1) to begin.
2. Here you can choose the global settings for height, parallax scroll, overlay and text color. These settings are shared with all pages that use the banner image feature.
In the content area, choose Add page (2):
3. Choose a page that you would like to add a banner to (3). Here's how you link multiple pages with different images. Each page can have it's own banner image. The method to do that is by Adding pages (previous step) and assigning images to each page. So for our first page, you need to choose which page will have the image and then (4) select an image for that page:
Once you have completed both - Save the theme editor settings.
Note: If you see a duplicate title, that's temporary. Once you save the page only the title over the banner image will appear.
To link another page with an image banner, you can continue to add Page content blocks right here. Repeat the above steps to assign additional pages with images:
In the Content area, add another Page block for you next page:
You'll notice the first one we created is right above as the first block.
Example completing three pages with images:
All other Pages will continue to display without an image. Only the pages with these content blocks setup will have a banner image.
New layout settings for Collections
Now you can hide the title and description or even move them below the Collection feature. Example of the title and description left aligned below the featured image:
Height setting for homepage Collection list
A new height setting allows you to increase the height of your collection list images:
Example of longer images:
Choose an alternate image and link for homepage Collection list
The homepage collection list uses the feature image of your collection. Now you have the flexibility to choose any image and even link with the override options. That will allow you to have a feature image that works well as a banner for collection pages and a completely different image on the collection list section on the homepage.
Example of overrides:
(1) Collection remains as Surfboards (original feature image shown as thumbnail).
(2) New override image used.
(3) Override link can be used to bypass the collection and go to a custom page or product if needed. This override can be used in a situation where you'd like the customer to land on a promotion landing page or details of a collection.
Blogs: We've also included the image override feature for the blog section on the homepage.
Product page layout options
New options to move the product description below the Add to Cart form and also the ability to hide the price that's at the top of the page:
1. Show price above product title toggle
2. Description position - Allows you to move the description below the Add to Cart button/form:
New Description below form option:
Example result (moves the Add to Cart and Variant options form higher):
Updated look for footer lines and headings
Easier to read headings and softer lines: